Acer tataricum ssp. ginnala
Amur maple, Tatarian maple
Tree - deciduous
Key ID Features:
Leaves opposite, glossy, pinnate venation (rare for maples), most with 3 or 5 lobes with teeth lobes variable but largest two are towards the base), ovate 5-8cm long x 3-5cm wide; corymb-like cymes, rounded, florets geenish-yellow to cream, about 4mm wide; schizocarps about 3cm wide and may split into samara-like mericarps while still on tree (unlike most other maples).
3 - 5m
4 - 5m
Zone 2: (-46 to -40 °C)
Rocky or gravelly or dry, Well-drained
Container planting, Fall interest, Specimen plant
Soft flexible, Pinnate venation
Colour in Fall:
Dentate, Pinnately lobed, Serrate
Spectacular fall colour, Leaves of subspecies ginnala are more glossy and deeply lobed than the species.
- Level 4 Apprenticeship
- (BCE) Boulevard (Circular) Eastend : cv. Flame and species
- (BKW) Boulevard Kwantlen Way : q.2 - cvs. Flame and ?
- (CGW) Community Garden West
- (LTW) Langley Township Walk : 238St & 68Ave
- (NRY) NuRserY
- (OSS) Overpass planting South Side
- (TFL) Turf Field Lab
- (TFLN) Turf Field Lab North